This coming Wednesday 29th of May, the Space Coast DSA is holding its first General Meeting in which the Steering Committee membership will be elected. Including the primary organizers from each official Committee, the Steering Committee consists of two Co-Organizers who help run the organization day-to-day, a Treasurer who manages our finances (dues, donations, mutual aid etc), and a Communications Facilitator (a.k.a. Secretary). There is still time to nominate yourself or someone you know.
- National, Regional, State Updates
- Branch & Committee Updates
- Treasurer's Report
- Steering Committee Election
- Political Education Lightning Talk
- Open Floor
If you would like to raise discussion topic at this meeting or for any other reason please contact us as soon as possible. Topics may also be raised during the Open Floor section (time permitting). As always we are holding the meeting from 6:30pm - 8:00pm on Wednesday 29th of May at the Unitarian Universalist Church of Brevard, 2185 Meadowlane Ave, West Melbourne.
- Socialism 2019 Conference, July 4-7 in Chicago. Join hundreds of other socialists fighting for the Green New Deal, Medicare for All, and organizing their workplaces and communities.
- National Medicare for All, Weekend of Action on June 15th & 16th. Sign Up!
- 1845 Introductions
- 1850 National, Regional & State Updates
- State Bylaws are ready for review & approval by locals
- 1855 Branch & Committee Updates
- Next meeting discussion of a setting-up a community farm
- M4A organizing is in full swing again
- Formal cmte. organization to be presented next meeting
- 1902 Treasurer's Report
- Motion to reserve $200 for the delegate to the 2019 DSA National Convention (passed)
- 1908 Mutual Aid Committee revisted
- Community partner meeting discussion
- Confirmed disbursement of funds to previously selected schools for lunch debt forgiveness
- 1922 Steering Committee Elections
- Description of Positions
- Election by Consensus
- Joss L., Co-Organizer
- Luis R., Co-Organizer
- Ina D., Treasurer
- Tristan M., Secretary
- 1946 Lightning Talk: The Black Panther Party
- 2000 Motion to extend meeting by 30 minutes (passed)
- 2000 Open Floor
- 2005 New participant discussion
- 2008 Committee Formation discussion
- 2010 Florida DSA Bylaws review
- Approval by locals necessary in June '19
- 2030 Meeting ended.
Subscribe to Space Coast DSA
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox